Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Muslim youth shot for having a beard

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 09:53 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Muslim youth shot for having a beard Reply with quote

We've all heard about it, although I don't see it as that serious, I guess we all have to because the guys in question live on an estate of 'peaceful' Muslims.

I want to take their side, I really do, in the interview with the press they did look miserable whilst explaining how cops kicked their door down and just capped their brother in the shoulder, but I find this so hard to believe that they just stormed in and gunned the lad down for no reason.

Someone told intelligence that these homeowners have the capability of producing some sort of weapon, and that they are practising anti western shenanigans.
I’m under no illusions about people doing the Islam thing being peaceful people, judging by what I’ve seen in Britain in the last few years, so if you are suspicious, expect a knock at the door.

Police in the past have made mistakes in Britain, it's not news to us......

So a lad is shot, from their accounts they were coming down the stairs together and the police opened fire Thinking
Do they think we're that stupid?
Sooner or later we will find out who is up to anti western movements in areas like these, whether they are making bombs or just spreading hate amongst these closely knit communities.

The spokesman for the Islamic Human Rights Commission chairman Massoud Shajareh said:
"Either they were shot because they were Muslim or perceived to be Muslim"

Sorry WTF?

No, the police didn’t open fire because they saw beards and the Koran, surely?

For me, if you see around 250 officers outside your gaff, it should make you think about either coming out with your arms behind your head, or perhaps making some kind of communication with them, explaining that you want to come to some sort of agreement.
If you’re not guilty of anything, it could be all over in a few hours.
It seems they chose to run down the stairs at the moment the police broke the door down, so if anyone’s a few sandwiches short of a picnic, it’s them.

More interesting for me is that if you suffer a minor flesh wound as this lad did, expect to be able to claim up to £500,000 in damages and that doesn’t include the £100,000 for the damage to the house, yes, doors are expensive. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:56 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Re: Muslim youth shot for having a beard Reply with quote

Had they seen the police outside?
I don't believe police generally advertise their presence in such cases.

Were it me and I heard some trying to kick my door in, especially if I lived on a council estate, I'd probably grab the nearest big stick I could and run down the stairs, especially if I was half asleep at the time.

Keir
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:01 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the police were never going to win were they....
If they left the house alone they would be critisied for not acting on the information they were given but now they have raided it they are critisied for that too.
Im sure they didnt just randomly raid the house there must have been resons behind it that you and I will never find out about.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 10:06 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Re: Muslim youth shot for having a beard Reply with quote

G wrote:
Had they seen the police outside?

They would have known G, around 250 officers....

G wrote:
Were it me and I heard some trying to kick my door in, especially if I lived on a council estate, I'd probably grab the nearest big stick I could and run down the stairs, especially if I was half asleep at the time.

G, you'd be shot, as was that lad..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:11 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Re: Muslim youth shot for having a beard Reply with quote

killa wrote:

They would have known G, around 250 officers....

What time of day was it?
And surely police are able to keep their voices down?
I thought normal procedure was for the police to be as unobtrusive as possible and to try and to ideally do it when they are asleep.

killa wrote:

G, you'd be shot, as was that lad..

Probably, but if I didn't know it was the police then that wouldn't be going through mind, I'd be thinking "shit someone's trying to break into my house".

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 10:15 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Re: Muslim youth shot for having a beard Reply with quote

killa wrote:
More interesting for me is that if you suffer a minor flesh wound as this lad did, expect to be able to claim up to £500,000 in damages and that doesn’t include the £100,000 for the damage to the house, yes, doors are expensive. Rolling Eyes

On the news yesterday, they said they weren't interested in seeking compensation.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 10:16 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Re: Muslim youth shot for having a beard Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
On the news yesterday, they said they weren't interested in seeking compensation.

Cute...

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 10:19 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cute?

I thought it was extremely forgiving of them, if it turns out to be the case.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 10:19 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Re: Muslim youth shot for having a beard Reply with quote

G wrote:
I thought normal procedure was for the police to be as unobtrusive as possible and to try and to ideally do it when they are asleep.

If they hadn't made a noise at all up to the point of breaking in, it only takes one blow to the door with that ram to get in.
Once in shouting "Police!" etc very loudly should let you know it's not someone robbing you.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 10:20 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
Cute?

I thought it was extremely forgiving of them, if it turns out to be the case.

That was aimed at you Bend, i know your not a complete mug.

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 10:24 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm aware that it was aimed at me, I'm questioning what you meant by it.

innominate
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:46 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Police have to try and do their job by acting on intelligence.

They got it wrong, the brothers deserve apologies and some compo.
(If they don't persue the Compo then they are better people than me)

My problem with the police in this case is the trigger happiness again.

Fair enough you can make a mistake & raid the wrong place, but stop randomly shooting innocents. That is unforgivable.
I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the customs agent. I am the coast-guard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable.

byke95
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:51 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's quite easy for 250 police to raid house in the early hours without the occupants knowing (surly it's one of the aims) and, as G said, if someone came bursting through my front door that last thing I would do is be immediately passive to their presence.

However, before judgement can be passed on the police we need to have a look at what is considered 'intelligence'. If it is the case that police acted on information which ended up in an innocent person's home being invaded and a person being shot, then something is definitely wrong in the 'intelligence system' and those people should be compensated accordingly (and to repeat Bendy: it would be a generous act for them not to do so, their lives will be changed from now on).

I think the police merely reflect the social construct that has been created by the media and, in turn, the Great British public: we are scared of what we do not understand: 'Muslims', 'The Koran' and more specifically this example are things most know very little about but still like to have quite strong opinions.

There are over a billion muslims world wide (something like 1 in 5 of us). I do not feel threatened by this, I have muslim friends and will continue to do so. I do not feel threatened by their religion of their way of life (especially compared to fundamental Christians).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:25 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many many reasons he got shot I think, the intelligence is the group to be blamed, also the ‘human source’ they took the information from.

I think that hate, and the protests won’t be aimed at the real cause of this confusion though.

The paranoia is apparent, and ever increasing, I think the Muslim spokesperson along with the communities should do their very best now in the fight against suspicious muslims in the UK.
I think in these communities they all know who is spreading the hate, before any more mistakes happen, the finger should be pointed and the real cause for concern dealt with.

Where are their parents in all this, I haven’t seen them speak, I think you can tell a lot more about the situation in hand when you hear from the parents. An Islamic, peaceful person by all accounts does not ‘need’ 500K, but I know they’ll make an allowance this time. Lol

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 13:55 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if the people spreading 'hate' in both Muslim and Christian communities were osteracised, sadly I doubt that is going to happen in either side.

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:05 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that I don't understand about the shooting is, I thought the policy was now to shoot the head of the target for an instant kill. Thought they were suppose to drop the target on the spot in case of suicide bombers and that they did not need to see a suicide belt to do it. So what I don't understand is, if the armed officer loosed off a shot following guidelines, why is the bloke not dead? Can't believe it was a missed shot, close range and trained officer, so why the shoulder? Wouldn't have stopped him pressing a button. Perhaps it's changed since the tube shooting?!

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 14:11 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

An ex police arms bloke said on the news last night that they would gone for a shot to 'stop' the subject.
The chest is the area to put someone down, guess they missed and got the shoulder.

It was also going into someones home, so the suicide bomber senario could have been overlooked.

Last edited by killa on 14:13 - 14 Jun 2006; edited 1 time in total

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 14:12 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
It would be nice if the people spreading 'hate' in both Muslim and Christian communities were osteracised, sadly I doubt that is going to happen in either side.

The Christians don't protest for the same things as the Muslims and don't have areas in cities populated by the hundreds.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:15 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, sorry, I thought you meant people spreading hate by more subtle methods within their own societies, rather than openly protesting.

I believe Christians have areas in cities populated in the millions, or at least people that claim they are christian.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 14:32 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
I believe Christians have areas in cities populated in the millions, or at least people that claim they are christian.

Muslims are the main focus along side the terrorism, as one has been shot for apparntly just 'being a Muslim' it's going to cause shit because of how they express themselves.

akaDAVE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:01 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One thing that I don't understand about the shooting is, I thought the policy was now to shoot the head of the target for an instant kill. Thought they were suppose to drop the target on the spot in case of suicide bombers and that they did not need to see a suicide belt to do it. So what I don't understand is, if the armed officer loosed off a shot following guidelines, why is the bloke not dead? Can't believe it was a missed shot, close range and trained officer, so why the shoulder? Wouldn't have stopped him pressing a button. Perhaps it's changed since the tube shooting?!

I believe that only applies in cases of police seeing a suicide bomber in a public place, then they need to be killed asap with a shot to the head.
I am suprised this has happened if it is another case of mistaken identity. Surely the police have been briefed not to go shooting anyone with a beard now as it is a PR nightmare.
I read in the paper that the only reason the bloke survived was that because he was coming down the stairs at the time, the bullet passed upwards through his chest and out the top.

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:02 - 14 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believed this to be "The" policy when dealing with possible terror suspects, hence the Jean Charles de Menezes shooting going the way it did. They would have been fairly much on one though as they were expecting to find a chemical weapon or factory.

Edit
Quote:
Miss Wilding led the Suicide Bomber Working Party - set up after the September 11 terror attacks on New York and Washington in 2001. She will tell tonight's programme: "I was asked to look at our current counter-terrorism strategy and identify any gaps in that strategy to deal with this new threat. We had gaps, and we had to fill those gaps as soon as possible."

Looks like they may have made some amendments.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 04:32 - 15 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the official explanation for why the guy got shot, was that someones finger slipped due to the thick gloves.

maybe firearms squads dont normally practice in full chemical suits in the heat

or maybe they were a bit hyped up and convinced that the suspects were terrorists

i think its progress. first they killed the wrong guy (brazilian). now they have shot but not killed the wrong guy, if they continue improving at this rate, they might actually catch some of the right guys. Im not holding my breath though.

although if akadave is right, they are getting worse as they tried to kill him but missed

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 10:25 - 15 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these guys have been monitored as the media have said, and it’s true they started getting involved in very anti western practises, we’ll find out eventually.

Perhaps it’s a good thing that a possible suspect caught lead in his shoulder as he came downstairs, it might put the shitters up some of the others thinking about joining in with the anti western stuff.
I’d like to know the cops would go a bit over kill when tackling terrorists, we need to tighten up the game and start rattling a few cages, bring them out in the open so to speak…

Slickfish
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:13 - 15 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

These sort of events will never be clear people like us, we will never ever get the full and honest facts surrounding it from either party.
Everyone will want to cover there own back.

Lifes like that, im sorry they guy got shot, but police don't run in shooting people for no reason, but should they have been there?, did they over react, no one knows.

So I judge neither side.

I couldn't give a rats ass what religion somone is(I think its all rubbish), but it annoys me when people in this country try to live as they do in other places, im sorry but these people encourgae racial tension, our government does as well!.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 364 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2