Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

DAF
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:24 - 29 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote
Quote:
Did you see that woman last year? , she was a militant animal rights activist , she was then diagnosed with cancer, and her principles magically fell away and she agreed to use drugs tested on animals.

Yeah, I remember that. I think her line of reasoning was that she could use those drugs because no more animal testing would take place in their development; in effect, what's done is done. However, that wouldn't stop her from protesting against current and future testing. Hypocrite.

I'm fine with "controlled" testing for medical applications but don't see why there's a need for testing for cosmetics.

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 18:35 - 29 Apr 2006    Post subject: Re: Animals in Medical Research Reply with quote

Major_Grooves wrote:
...support for the use of animals in essential medical and vetinary research...

Thumbs Up agree with that.
However, big no to using animals in cosmetic research though.

I mean, if I want to see some right dogs wearing lipstick and other slap I only have to go to my local pub Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 20:54 - 29 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah, I remember that. I think her line of reasoning was that she could use those drugs because no more animal testing would take place in their development; in effect, what's done is done. However, that wouldn't stop her from protesting against current and future testing. Hypocrite.

I imagine most people on this thread would be saying she was a fucking idiot had she not taken the drugs and died....A no win situation for her really.

I won't sign the petition for the simple fact our drug companies have enough rights to test on animals as it stands. I personally feel a petition like this just brings out people who think cruelty to animals is a right . So the only real reason I can think this petition has is to stir up people.

Animal testing is a nessecary evil and I accept it as I accept animals need to be slaughtered for my food. But it isn't fool proof and its no real substiture for testing on humans at the end of the day. Look at last months fiasco at the medical center where the guys got drugs which nearly killed them all. Where as the monkeys got slightly swollen glands.....More animal testing wouldn't have made this obvious.

The people who campaign against it with placards and demonstrations are just putting their civil rights into practice. Fair play to them. The violent c*nts need locked up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jubal
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 00:41 - 15 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would sooner see drug testing/medical research done on paedophiles, drug barons, serial murderers and rapists etc.
These people who do inhuman acts should loose their Human status, becoming that of an animal, available for purchase by whatever lab wants to buy them, that way they could at least put some good back into society.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 10:45 - 15 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve always had the attitude that I treat everyone the same, animals, plants etc.

I had my tie used to choke me once in the play ground, so I put his bag in the bin and torched it.
I saw a dog once bite a girl on the leg while she was on a swing, so I almost kicked it to death.
Humans, are top, if you want to murder a cow with brick, you can.

Drug testing guidelines have improved, but do I care if a rabbit suffers, fuck no!

There’s no karma, no fate, no nothing like that, the people who carry out these tests know that. Lol

There’s seriously more important things to deal with than the welfare of a rat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

msgander
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:07 - 16 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Personally I would sooner see drug testing/medical research done on paedophiles, drug barons, serial murderers and rapists etc.
These people who do inhuman acts should loose their Human status, becoming that of an animal, available for purchase by whatever lab wants to buy them, that way they could at least put some good back into society.

Took the words right outta my gob!

If this were to happen tho, would have to be people that have done harm to another human being physically, whilst i dont agree with drug barons, and they are doing harm sort of directly.....its not quite as "direct" as fiddling with a kid or murdering or raping someone.

Let the bunnies go free and just test on people like....Si.....no I mustnt !! Laughing

JonT
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:07 - 16 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to bury my head in the sand on this one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 03:04 - 20 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone see that saxondale thing tonight at about 9/10 ish with steve coogan.

Hes out shooting pigeons (hes a pest controller), a bunch of animal rights protestors show up.

He goes out to talk to them, one of them gets gobby and starts threatening him saying if its ok to cull animals what if he needed to be culled one day.

Then the guy slices his arm.

Steve/saxondale looks at him, goes 'ooh thats interesting, as you see, now im allowed to use reasonable force'

*Gas powered air pistol with anti pest slugs in into leg*

'Now... any of you lot ever had to pay rent...?'

Funniest thing ive seen in months.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 09:32 - 20 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched it last night mate, got into it, nice to see Steve back again.....

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 14:43 - 20 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
Watched it last night mate, got into it, nice to see Steve back again.....

Yeh. He was quite onball compared to some of his recent offerings (parole officer Neutral).

But the animal rights thing was beautiful.

At the end in the car;

'er.... ive done it again Sad '
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

Jamie.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:49 - 21 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I dont get is, THESE ANIMALS ARE BEING BREAD FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE" OF TESTING

Whats wrong with that? Its not like they are gong into a forest and taking animals Shocked

fire
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:29 - 26 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEST CASE SCENARIO FOR KEEPING A HUMAN ALIVE

He discovers how to manipulate gravity, and we all get flying bikes Thumbs Up

BEST CASE SCENARIO FOR KEEPING A ANIMAL ALIVE

spike (the dog) jumps and saves lil tommy from gettin hit by the crazy cyclist

EVALUATION

hmmm.... Flying bikes clearly out weigh tommy's bruised knee

sorry tommy......
Write off! Honda NSR150 RR ('01) - Sold Cagiva Mito Evolution ('00) - Sold Honda NSR125 ('01) - Current Gasgas TXT 250 ('98) - Sold Kawasaki Z750 ('10) - Write off! Yamaha FZ1 ('09) - Current Ducati Streetfighter 848 ('14)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 341 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2