Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Sorry - Muslim cartoon fiasco again!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 13:15 - 16 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sad lilredmachine, not forgetting it sounded incredibly patronising.

Mrs Kickstart wrote:
Not everyone in Iran and IRAQ are Muslim.
Most of the violence is organised by a few claiming to be Muslim.
Muslims have the right to be upset about desecration of sacred figures, most do not support violence to respond to it

A very brief over view of it all if I may say so, and in no way strengthened by the fact you work with a handful of Muslims who have similar views to your own in terms of free speech within the media.
Who are the non Muslim fakers as you talk of?
Are they just poor uneducated fools, led by a few with ‘power’ leading them into battle with rocks and bad language?

At the end of the day I see the same problem, a lot angry people causing of fuss over religion.
The ‘rules’ it seems for this religion and their way of life was not written last week, in fact in a time where only a few people realised the potential power that a meme could have over a large group of people, namely, the poor. And it still goes on today as you said, but quite shame they have not followed in western footsteps, being able to evaluate for ourselves what we see as a little far fetched.

Mrs Kickstart wrote:
The view from the fence is much better than on the ground with your nose pressed against it, It allows you to see more than one point of view and react with thought.

I think you’ve missed what I was getting at and at the same time as patronising as my old maths teacher, so many members on here from the safety of their rural, ‘multi cultural’ areas claim a lot of things but in the end it’s about as accurate as American warfare.
As I said, we are both liable to some wrong doings but they seem to have escalated an issue which in my opinion could have been dealt with more responsibly.
Forget the sad fuckers who enjoy war on our side, forget the people in power who you disagree with, your not on their level, you’re not them and for that I am proud of our individuality.
See, we are educating ourselves as individuals, I’m not lead to believe the war is a good thing, or that these cartoons are funny, what I do know is that I don’t give a fuck about what the media sprouts 99% of the time because it doesn’t include me.

Mrs Kickstart wrote:
My comment "Not everyone Iraq and Iran are Muslim" is a reaction to the many threads, not this one in particular, in which people fail to allow a individuality ( ie not all all foreigners are Muslim immigrant scroungers)

As this seems to be a response to my post I hope you are not suggesting I call all Muslims immigrant scroungers, if this is the case then the other post you refer to must be read again.

Mrs Kickstart wrote:
I feel a lot of riots are trouble are stirred up by the minority, in the same way a football riots and the anti-capitalist riots in London. They did not reflect the majority British opinion.

Riots are always a minority, its fact, not your feelings.
The minority everyone keeps going on about hasn’t an exact figure of course, football hooligans start shi* for a cause a lot of us deem utterly pointless and barbaric, the same can be said for these religious/non religious nut cases.
The minority in terms of total Muslim population we’re are talking about is a minority but they carry the anger of much larger group and with the intent to destroy kill.

Mrs Kickstart wrote:
In no way do I support the violence or the property damage, nor do the Muslims I know.

Without trying to be patronising myself, why would you support any violence? It’s not in your nature, you seem like someone who runs rather than fights.
Your Muslim friends were born here?
If so, maybe it doesn’t matter, they still reside in country they appear to have adapted to and disagree with the burning of buildings, maiming innocents and rallying up hatred amongst Muslims who are perhaps unsure of their direction.

Last edited by killa on 08:54 - 17 Feb 2006; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

kal9001
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:25 - 16 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven’t bothered reading all that, and I’m not going to go as close to the bone as i did yesterday which seemed to get a thread removed...but anyway, this is a massive load of crap...these people cant be reasoned with as with anyone who strongly holds archaic belief that goes against all reason.

The best I can think of is that people who are atheist should just tell the rest to stick it, if you want to practice your belief then fine but don’t cause shit around me when one of the other religion is stirring! It really annoys me when atheist people get drawn into religious confrontations.

On the Oil front, some of you may know of my ranting a few months back on that matter and this, I don’t believe, is a point I ever made.
My main arguments were that:
It’s a finite resource and if we don’t get our acts together then we are screwed when the supply peaks...
But this is a new point that I scarcely mentioned, do we really want these people to have their finger on the button of OUR economy? look what Russia did with gas...just turned it off...now if it had been for more then a few hours? Then we would have been right up sh!t creek, these people have the same power with our oil supplies.

quite a lot of you don’t seem to realize how screwed we would all be without oil, it is as someone pointed out, primarily a fuel supply, without it we would have no petrol or diesel, without ether then we cannot transport goods to shops, and we cannot get to shops, we cannot get to work: Arabs 1 - 0 western economies.

Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 16:35 - 16 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

KAL9000 wrote:

quite a lot of you don’t seem to realize how screwed we would all be without oil, it is as someone pointed out, primarily a fuel supply, without it we would have no petrol or diesel, without ether then we cannot transport goods to shops, and we cannot get to shops, we cannot get to work: Arabs 1 - 0 western economies.

we will have no oil-they wont have our money-neither of us can get along and we'll all have to kiss and make-up
peace and love man! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 17:24 - 16 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

KAL9000 wrote:
I haven’t bothered reading all that,

Then why do you feel we should bother reading your thoughts?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 20:02 - 16 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant remember any of kals posts in which he isnt warning us that oil will run out and everything will collapse Smile anyday now he will start his own website and stand on street corners handing out leaflets Smile his bikes is probably unused bceause of the guilt of using precious petrol Smile

the more the price of crude goes up, the more viable difficult to process oilfields become so im not too worried

an interesting thing on bbc news24 said that in brazil 20% of cars run on ethanol produced from sugar cane. its a lot cheaper than petrol but you dont get so many mpg. emmissions are less polluting

with diesel cars running on vegetable oil and petrol cars running on ethanol, i think by the time the oil does run out we will have switched to these cheaper agricultural alternatives

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 20:25 - 16 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was all so simple in the Seventies.

https://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/compdiff/hellgr1.jpg

They even rode bike's.

https://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/compdiff/hellgr2.jpg

Mrs Kickstart
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:23 - 20 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killa wrote:
As this seems to be a response to my post ...

No that comment was not aimed at you (just resposne to a question)

My Muslim friends, in the majority, have not been born here and many to not live here. Some have not even visited the UK. They are all Sunni (approximately 80% of muslims wold wide are).

lilredmachine wrote:
your inability to acknowledge that both sides are as bad as each other signals to me that you have fallen off it.

I do think more than one party is in the wrong I was just putting an opposing a opinion. I think we have stirrers on both sides and I try to be aware of the difference between those shouting loudest in the media and a background opinion.

Quote:
but quite shame they have not followed in western footsteps, being able to evaluate for ourselves what we see as a little far fetched.

Part of problem here is the Qur'an is an instruction book for daily life not just a belief. Therefore if you belive, you belive it is right and does not need change.

Regards
C

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 09:32 - 21 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
KAL9000 wrote:
I haven’t bothered reading all that,

Then why do you feel we should bother reading your thoughts?

That's some funny shi*! Laughing Laughing Thumbs Up Mr. Green Rolling Eyes

Mrs Kickstart wrote:
My Muslim friends, in the majority, have not been born here and many to not live here. Some have not even visited the UK. They are all Sunni (approximately 80% of muslims wold wide are).

Ok, so they are peace loving Muslims who know full well that taking the Qur’an to the extreme like these groups are doing is a pointless exercise. But I guess you wouldn’t go near them in the first place if they were heavily into all this anti-western crap, hence your rather neutral view on all this.

Killa wrote:
But quite a shame they have not followed in western footsteps, being able to evaluate for ourselves what we see as a little far fetched.

Mrs Kickstart wrote:
Part of problem here is the Qur'an is an instruction book for daily life not just a belief. Therefore if you believe, you believe it is right and does not need change.

Sorry did you mean ‘here’ as in here in the UK, or just the overall problem?
But I thought some of the Qur’an stated that anyone who mocks Muhammad should be dealt with?
As with all religious instructions in any religion we all know it has been somewhat messed with, and in the case of the mental Muslims, taking things a little too literally I think.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 113 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3