Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Sorry - Muslim cartoon fiasco again!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 02:33 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Sorry - Muslim cartoon fiasco again! Reply with quote

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4708848.stm

Quote:
Police in Pakistan have fired tear gas to disperse at least 3,000 students demonstrating against cartoons satirising the Prophet Muhammad.

Sixteen people were held for damaging public property in the protest in the north-western city of Peshawar.

Students also smashed hoardings advertising the Norwegian telecom giant, Telenor, and chanted "Death to America" and "God is Great".

I just can't get over the manufactured lunacy of this whole thing!

Students in Pakistan are demonstrating against cartoons that were not shown in their country, by smashing up their own public property, following up by smashing up adverts for norwegian goods not linked to the cartoons, and then shouting the good 'ol "Death to America!" battlecry, despite the fact that America has condemned the cartoons and come down on their side!

Muppets!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 02:49 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey see, Monkey do. Some people kicked up a fuss other joined in. Same Shit Different Day Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 10:35 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a load of fuc*ing shite, seeing their true colours now aren’t we.
Do these people not realise a dam thing?

Easy solution to most of the problem, pull out aid, aid workers, funding, and anything else to do with ‘helping’ them out and watch them squeal like pigs (pun intended).
Don’t like freedom of speech and 80% of the western world?
Then here are our shovels, you can dig your own children out of the fucking ground.

A quick look on google could show them how much these European countries do for them but I guess the internet might be a dirty thing for them or something being a healthy source of freedom of speech I’ve seen Muslims cutting westerners heads off with a pocket knife, but hey I saw it on Putfile.com, it aint so bad. Rolling Eyes
Unfortunately, the case being ‘blinded by religion’ has led them to think that Europe did this to start world war 3 or something, yes religion is leading us into war, war because you cant reason with these people.

"For 1,400 years, Islam has fought its evil enemies and now it will not bow before the Satanic designs of France, Germany, Norway and Denmark.

WTF, they actually think we have been on their case for 1,400 years?, I’ll bear this in mind next time I am around a group of Muslims shall I? Or perhaps apologise to them….. me thinks this is a generalisation of some kind.
So if this escalates any further, they have warned Germany, France, Norway, Denmark, America, England etc etc that their will be revenge and we have it coming.
Think again dick head…..

You cant reason with people so full of religious crap, I recall some members on here saying religion has never led anyone to wars…. Thinking

Their asking for an apology, I’m pretty sure saying sorry to this lot isn’t going to change anything, these people seem to want to actually start shit with ‘us’ and I say us because it also seems like they don’t really have an idea who’s in the wrong here.

“Six million Jews were killed in Nazi persecution during World War II.”

Even so, the Muslims feel the need to take the piss, intentionally to enrage people, whereas the artists in Denmark used them to raise awareness of current affairs.
Did I hear “A little over the top?”
You could say that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Suzuki
Roger

PostPosted: 10:53 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:

Easy solution to most of the problem, pull out aid, aid workers, funding, and anything else to do with ‘helping’ them out and watch them squeal like pigs (pun intended).

And I guess you'll be walking to work again then? Or will you be expecting them to continue selling oil to us?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kara
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:55 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they should read the Koran:

5:8 O ye who believe! Be steadfast witnesses for Allah in equity, and let not hatred of any people seduce you that ye deal not justly. Deal justly, that is nearer to your duty. Observe your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is Informed of what ye do.

Having said that, as with the bible, most passages are followed with passage that condones violence. . . . Thats the trouble with religious scriptures. . . . .

41:34 The good deed and the evil deed are not alike. Repel the evil deed with one which is better, then lo! he, between whom and thee there was enmity (will become) as though he was a bosom friend
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:16 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzuki wrote:
And I guess you'll be walking to work again then? Or will you be expecting them to continue selling oil to us?

killa wrote:

You included then Wink Thumbs Up

Suzuki
Roger

PostPosted: 11:45 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
You included then Wink Thumbs Up

Stop trying to start immature arguments, and answer the question.

I'm serious... you keep going on about "remove the aid, remove the troops, let them rot in their own filth" etc, yet you say nothing of the fact that we get a massive amount of oil from them, and without that oil, our lives as we know them wouldn't be able to continue.

It was a valid question, and didn't require a childish quip from you about me not "realising a dam(n) thing", when you don't actually explain your argument fully in the first place.

So please... in your scenario of leaving them to fight amongst themselves, where do you see our oil coming from?

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 11:56 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are these cartoons that caused such a fuss?

I have not seen them.

matt89
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:08 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://michellemalkin.com/archives/004413.htm

there you go dodsi there the cartoons
killa This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Off Topic). Unhide this post / all posts.

Suzuki
Roger

PostPosted: 13:20 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously Killa, I don't care about whatever argument you think we're having. We're not.

My question is where you think the oil will come from if we completely cut our ties with the Middle East?

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 13:30 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzuki wrote:
My question is where you think the oil will come from if we completely cut our ties with the Middle East?

And i explained that it could be used more as a threat rather than doing it.
Looking ahead it is possible they try to take us for mugs and then we could just storm in there and take what we want.
I think if we took away vital resources from them that saves 1000's of lives, they wouldnt stop us giving them money for oil.

Suzuki
Roger

PostPosted: 13:40 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
And i explained that it could be used more as a threat rather than doing it.

The trouble with that though, is that it's a bluff.

If they didn't receive the money from oil anymore, and through stubbornness wouldn't take our aid anymore, they'd have no need for the reserves of oil that they have.

As a preventative measure they could then destroy the oil reserves, so that there was nothing for us to storm in there to take.

After Africa, the Arab nations are the oldest on the earth. What makes you think they need our help to survive? Believe it or not, we need them more that they need us. Without their oil we cannot sustain the lives we live. Without us, they can continue as they are, just without western goods which they don't need.

Bod
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:14 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill never forget the Oldham riots, I used to live on a street near to where it happened. The dumb c*nts damaged their own houses and property why? Dumb sh*ts.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 14:48 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzuki wrote:
The trouble with that though, is that it's a bluff.

I can only say ‘what if’, our leaders don’t have to.

Suzuki wrote:
If they didn't receive the money from oil anymore, and through stubbornness wouldn't take our aid anymore, they'd have no need for the reserves of oil that they have.

No they wouldn’t need it, they’d all be dieing. Laughing

Suzuki wrote:
As a preventative measure they could then destroy the oil reserves, so that there was nothing for us to storm in there to take.

I know, they really are stupid aren’t they. Rolling Eyes

Suzuki wrote:
After Africa, the Arab nations are the oldest on the earth. What makes you think they need our help to survive? Believe it or not, we need them more that they need us. Without their oil we cannot sustain the lives we live. Without us, they can continue as they are, just without western goods which they don't need.

They need us like water Jon, due to poor irrigation and a corrupt group ruling these peasants they die in the truck load taking some fossil fuel away from us doesn’t mean we are all up shi* creek.
If something as drastic as this happens we could make extreme measures to get by.

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 14:53 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If something as drastic as this happens we could make extreme measures to get by.

Do you realy understand what this country would be like without oil? (thats not patronising btw)

No oil= no fuel, no heating, no electricity, no fuel for produce to be delivered to shops, no industry, ect,ect

Our way of life would drop drastically and fast.

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 15:00 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as it doesn't affect our internet. Wink

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 15:03 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of I course I realise that Daz, would you rather live there if that happens?
I suggested the idea that because we offer them SO much help, they shouldn’t be burning their bridges so to speak.
Jon then suggested that they would/could cut oil supplies.
It was not such a realistic comment but I said it because they seem to be feely chanting “Death to America/Europe”.
I doubt very much the people dealing with the oil deals give two shits about the idiots ranting over cartoons as our boys in the west don’t really give a shit about you and me as individuals.

Suzuki
Roger

PostPosted: 15:14 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Killa, maybe a lot of them would die. But they wouldn't all die, and their country wouldn't come to a standstill.

Ours would.

Would you want to live a life without oil?

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 15:14 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was a war would you fight for the UK ?

Damn straight Wink

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 15:18 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzuki wrote:
Yes Killa, maybe a lot of them would die. But they wouldn't all die, and their country wouldn't come to a standstill.

Ours would.

Dont be daft, we have the north sea and the falklands.

Suzuki
Roger

PostPosted: 15:20 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:

Laughing You're joking right?

daz|n00by
The Internet

PostPosted: 15:24 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:
Suzuki wrote:

Ours would.

Saudi Arabia is a major oil producer with 73% of all incremental world demand being met by this country. The worrying fact is that 90% of their production comes from only 5 mega fields

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 15:42 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work for the company all those guys love, Halliburton.

Suzuki, I know what your saying but it isn’t going to happen, I get news of this sort of thing all the time, I wont take information from you on this subject.
If you’re talking of the extreme which is our country without oil, then it can be said that in the unlikely event they don’t want millions of pounds, we’ll come and get it ourselves, regardless if they want to try and burn it all.

Perhaps we should get back on topic?

This started because it seems these uneducated fools believe we should all die, a kind of large area on a map they’ve seen called Europe.

Suzuki
Roger

PostPosted: 15:48 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
Suzuki, ... I wont take information from you on this subject.

That's not really the right attitude for having a debate about something.

But yes - the situation where we nolonger receive oil from the East is extreem and unlikely. What is equally unlikely is that they come over here and kill everybody in Europe.

If you're unwilling to discuss the extreem and unlikely topic of us having no oil from them, why bother discussing the extreem and unlikely topic of european genocide at the hands of some crazy arabs?

Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 108 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3