Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

WPC killed 2 miles from me.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 10:35 - 13 May 2006    Post subject: WPC killed 2 miles from me. Reply with quote

I know the area that this has happened in, the picture with the trail of blood is quite shocking - although this type of crime is very common in NW London.

Looks like the poor woman was topped for taking an interest in stopping the crap that was going on around her.

From The Daily Telegraph:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2006/05/13/npc113big.jpg

Click for Story
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

freestyler_onli
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:33 - 13 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

She was a Special- which as far as i'm aware meant that she didn't get paid for it. Shocked

She was a colleague however in the Police family, so i hope they torture then kill the person who did this. Evil or Very Mad

Failing that, they'll get life, which by what we've seen means about 6 years. Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Cookie!
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:25 - 13 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scum Mad

Wembleys not too far from me either Sad

plugger147
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 13 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope he's caught soon and take's a stumble down the stairs to the cells. Fed up with scum thinking they can do what they want to make a few quid with no regard to human life and then be treated by the system like they are human themselves.

freestyler_onli
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 13 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said. Thumbs Up

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 23:26 - 13 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

freestyler_onli wrote:
She was a Special- which as far as i'm aware meant that she didn't get paid for it. Shocked

Yup - they only get travel expenses.

She was off duty at the time, which makes it even worse, just another little shit killing someone worthwhile for their own squalid little reasons.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:32 - 13 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

plugger147 wrote:
Fed up with scum thinking they can do what they want to make a few quid with no regard to human life and then be treated by the system like they are human themselves.

its normal , back in thr 90s I recall several murders a granny for 20p and a taxi driver for a fare of £1.20 , free fire zone theory? , Kennisaw Texas where everyboy by law must carry a gun?.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:34 - 13 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres the bit fromwiki

Kennesaw has the nickname of "Gun Town, USA" due to a city ordinance passed in 1982 that requires every head of household to maintain a firearm with ammunition. It was passed partly in response to a 1981 handgun ban in Morton Grove, Illinois. Kennesaw's law was amended in 1983 to exempt those who conscientiously object to owning a firearm, convicted felons, those who cannot afford a firearm, and those with a mental or physical disability that would prevent them from owning a firearm. It mentions no penalty for its violation. According to the Kennesaw Historical Society, no one has ever been charged under the law.

Criminologist and gun-control critic Gary Kleck attributes a drop of 89% in the residential burglary rate to the law (Kleck, 1991), and Kennesaw is often cited by advocates of gun ownership as evidence that gun ownership deters crime (see, for instance, this 2004 sheet of talking points from the Gun Owners Foundation). Other criminologists dispute the 89% figure, using the FBI's Uniform Crime Reporting data, and find instead a small, statistically insignificant increase in burglaries after the law was passed (McDowall et al, 1989).
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 01:57 - 14 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably not a good idea to confront ppl when wearing a night dress

Thumbs Up for guts

Thumbs Down for common sense

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 03:11 - 14 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
probably not a good idea to confront ppl when wearing a night dress

Thumbs Up for guts

Thumbs Down for common sense

We don't know the exact circumstances in which she left her house.

If I saw you fucking with my bike at 3am, you'd better expect be to dashing down in my boxers and Magnums to kick your arse.

Against a knife, anything less than body armour is useless anyway. I believe she was stabbed in the leg, so even armour wouldn't have helped.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 03:31 - 14 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

the difference is, you are a big bloke, who is used to fighting

an interesting question would be,if it was her knife that she had got from the kitchen, and she had threatened them with it, did they get her in self defence ?

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 05:14 - 14 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
the difference is, you are a big bloke, who is used to fighting

She was a special constable for 3 years - as much training in self defence as me, if not as much experience. And my comments on clothing being irrelevant stand. The only difference it would make would be to her confidence, which obviously wasn't lacking.

Quote:

an interesting question would be,if it was her knife that she had got from the kitchen, and she had threatened them with it, did they get her in self defence ?

Rather than interesting, I would say that it was yet another irrelevant hypothesis that flies in the face of the small number of known facts.

freestyler_onli
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 14 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope they catch him (assuming it's a him).

I wonder if this person was allowed to be in this country- assuming they weren't an immigrant with an expired visa.....

If he was a youth:

Bring back national service. All the little shites being beasted and moulded into a proper army.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 20:22 - 14 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 years part time is not the same as full time, and she still isnt gonna be a 6ft bloke used to fighting
specials are not used to respond to incidents like violence in progress or whatever
so Thumbs Up for guts, Thumbs Down for common sense

national service idea sounds ok, as long as they skip the bit where they train them to kill

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 21:17 - 14 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
3 years part time is not the same as full time,

I realise that, however, we know nothing about how often she was on duty, beyond the minimum requirement of 4hrs a week.

Quote:

and she still isnt gonna be a 6ft bloke used to fighting

Well, she certainly wasn't my size or male, but we don't know anything about her martial experiences.

Quote:

specials are not used to respond to incidents like violence in progress or whatever

Specials respond to exactly the same incidents as every other officer - I'd even be willing tog uess that they are used predominantly when the police are overstretched and short of staff, ie. Friday and Saturday nights when there are plenty of violent incidents.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 15:59 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

the news is now saying she may have been stabbed with her own kitchen knife, so I wasnt being as daft as you first thought when i posed my interesting question

a 20cm long kitchen knife is missing from the house, so they think that was the knife used

Last edited by colin1 on 18:37 - 15 May 2006; edited 1 time in total

innominate
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:52 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably straight through the femoral artery, bleed out in no time then.

Will have to see what details emerge.
ie was she actually stabbed, or did she have the knife in her belt then get into a struggle, during which the knife went into her leg.

Can never trust any ofthese stories untill about 6moths later and the proper investigation has taken place.
I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the customs agent. I am the coast-guard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable.

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 18:00 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want to minimise the fact that someone was killed...

..but....

why hype it up as a policewoman got killed.

To me a woman was killed outside her house. That should be sensational enough. It just happens she had a part-time job as a special constable.

It's when all the reports saying a biker was killed, as though that somehow is expected. Guess it's harder to write that a father, husband and son died on the road. I mean that sort of thing happens every day. Rolling Eyes

Just wanted to get things into perspective.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 18:15 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think people find it more concerning if a policeman/woman is killed as they are the people we think of as protecting us. Psychologically its like law and order is threatened.

What makes a good story is a complex thing and its hard to know exactly why it grabs people's attention.

One from last year, was a teacher who fired an air gun or similar to scare off some yobs, but she got done for it.

I have a friend who is a copper and is a bit racist. He thought it was a scandal that recently there was a stranger rape in the area which didnt get reported. They are quite rare and seen as quite serious. He thinks it didnt get into the paper because it was 2 black men raping a white girl and was suppressed to avoid raising tensions in the community.

So this wpc story might have been a good one to have in the papers as its a female asian copper being courageous.

nrml76
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:31 - 18 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it it it is most often police women that get killed and not policemen? Is it just media attention potraying this picture?

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 11:00 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partially the media, I should think.

I suspect that we will find that in this case, the scrote didn't know that he was tangling with a copper (in fact, as she was off duty and a special, she wasn't actually an officer at that time) and was 'just' killing a women.

The incident with the two WPCs being shot was probably an unfortunate coincidence, from the circumstances I suspect that they would have opened fire on male officers.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 14:14 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe women coppers have more of a have-a-go attitude

maybe in an effort to get more women into the force, they are letting some in with dodgy judgement who get themselves into situations

or as mister james said, maybe some male coppers have died that we havnt heard about as its not quite so good a story

maybe crims dont take shit from a woman, but wd think twice about attacking a 6ft brick shit house bloke

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 10:54 - 20 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that I have noticed where I work, is that scrotes react differently to men and women.

In general, despite my fairly large size and evil demeanour, I will attract more flak and abuse from gobby little oiks than a female officer doing exactly the same job with the same scrotes - females tend to have a quieter life for most of the time.

However, what seems to happen is that when a Foreign Fella goes off the deep end with a female officer, they really go postal, and it's usually a loon or a nonce or a combination of both.

The 2 shot policewomen were attacked by somalians - a violent culture who disrespect women.

The stabbed asian special appears to have been murdered by a young black man - considering the area it's pretty likely it was a north african gent of some form as well.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 10:58 - 20 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popped onto this website to check out the figures/circumstances for police deaths - have a look and see how many police died riding to and from work, it's a little scary!

https://www.policememorial.org.uk/NationalRoll/NationalRoll.htm

zaknafien

PostPosted: 12:16 - 20 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the cop's that are fueling the accident/death statistics! Shocked

Quote:
Killed in a road traffic accident while undergoing an advanced police motorcycle training course, when his machine went out of control and was in collision with a lorry on the M58 Motorway near Skelmersdale in Lancashire.

Quote:
Killed in a road accident, while going off duty late at night, when his unmarked police vehicle left the road and crashed during bad weather near Haverfordwest.

Quote:
Killed in a road traffic accident while travelling home from night shift duty when he lost control of his car which collided with a wall at Kircubbin, Co. Down.

Quote:
Fatally injured in a road accident while travelling home from night duty when he lost control of his motorcycle and was in collision with a vehicle at Bangor.

Quote:
Killed in a road accident while travelling home from a late shift duty when his car left the road and struck a tree at Lochwinnoch, Renfrewshire.

Quote:
Died as a result of injuries received on 7 January 2004, while reporting for duty at police headquarters, when his unmarked police motorcycle was involved in a collision with a van in Guildford, from which he never regained consciousness.

Quote:
Killed in a road accident while returning home from duty at Skipton when his motorcycle was in collision with a car on the A59 near Kettlestring.

Quote:
Fatally injured when her vehicle went out of control and crashed while driving back from a police operation in a convoy of armoured police Land Rovers on the road between Desertmartin and Moneymore in Co. Londonderry.

Quote:
Killed in a road traffic accident, while on duty in plain clothes and involved in an ongoing policing operation, when his unmarked motorcycle was in collision with a car on the road between Hemel Hempstead and Redbourn.

Quote:
Killed when his motorcycle was in collision with a bus while he was travelling home from night duty at Newcastle, Co. Down.

Quote:
Killed when the patrol car she was driving collided with a stationary lorry while she was attending an urgent call at Ipswich.

Quote:
Killed in a road traffic accident while travelling to duty at High Wycombe when his motorcycle was in collision with a vehicle near Marlow.

Quote:
Killed when his motorcycle was in collision with a car while travelling home to Bridgend from duty at Barry.

Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 26 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1